Project definition forms the foundation of all subsequent project activity, including delivery strategy, tender documentation and contracts. Getting the project definition right upfront improves certainty of outcome and reduces surprises in the later stages of the project.
Inadequate project definition is recognised as a major cause of project failure.
E3 Advisory assists clients to develop projects by identifying and articulating the client’s strategic goals and objectives, performance and operational requirements. With a clear project definition in place, we work with clients to manage a project’s ongoing development including scoping, options analysis, project estimates and preparation of the business case in accordance with the organisation’s investment assurance process.
Our capabilities include:
- Business case development and management
- Gateway review and facilitation
- Strategic cost planning
- Capital budget review
- Risk adjusted capital cost and whole of life cost estimation
- Value for money objectives definition
- Project configuration optimisation
- Option identification and evaluation
- Technical advice
- Constructability advice
- Value engineering
- Stakeholder strategy and agreement negotiation
- Project planning