Title: Sydney Metro
Client: Sydney Metro Authority
Date: 2015 – Present
Project Value: $20 B
Sydney Metro is NSW Government's world-class $20+ billion new railway network. It is Australia’s largest public transport project and first fully automated metro railway system.
E3 Advisory has worked with Sydney Metro on this transformational project since 2015 in several key advisory roles.
STAGE 1 – NORTHWEST
Sydney’s new 28 kilometre metro railway extending from Cudgegong Road to Chatswood will have the capacity to transport 40,000 customers per hour. E3 Advisory was engaged through the delivery of this project to provide expert commercial advice for the foundation contracts.
STAGE 2 – CITY & SOUTHWEST
City & Southwest metro extends Stage 1 from Sydney’s northwest region, under Sydney Harbour, through new underground stations in the CBD and beyond to the southwest; increasing the complexity of stakeholder, government, third party utility and existing rail network interfaces.
E3 Advisory has supported the project since its establishment through to contract award of station and line-wide packages, demonstrating our expert capability in all aspects of project definition and transaction management:
- Cost, risk, constructability, and assurance gateway review advice for the City & Southwest and Central Walk business cases.
- Delivery strategy advice for the Central Station package (including Central Walk) and the conversion of the heavy rail network from Sydenham to Bankstown.
- Development of a commercial framework and associated new bespoke form of Incentivised Target Cost contract for both the Central Station and Sydenham Junction Packages.
- Transaction management of the Line-wide and Integrated Station Development packages.
- Development and implementation of the strategy for managing the complex interface risks between station contractors, tunnel contractors, line-wide systems contractors, the existing Sydney Trains network and broader transport precinct.
- Management of the design development, contract document preparation, industry engagement, end-to-end transaction processes, and third party interface agreements.
- Supporting the management of external government agency relationships.
Sydney’s new metro railway will link the Parramatta and Sydney CBDs. E3 Advisory is providing strategic advice to the Sydney Metro West business case development. This includes cost, risk, constructability advice and ongoing support as part of the project’s development.