Moreton Bay Rail
Client: Department of Transport & Main Roads (DMTR)
Role: Contract & commercial management
The Moreton Bay Rail project is a 12.6km $1.1b new passenger rail line in north east Brisbane. It includes six new and one upgraded station, cycle ways and associated local roads and car parks. It was jointly funded by the Federal Government, Queensland Government, Moreton Bay Regional Council and Queensland Rail.
The double-ECI D&C contract was awarded in mid-2013 and commenced passenger services in October 2016, with additional scope completed November 2017.
Scope of work
E3 Advisory have provided commercial and contractual advice through the provision of a Contracts Advisor/Commercial Manager based full-time on site. E3 Advisory professionals have met DTMR Panel requirements in regard to Contract Administration, Dispute resolution and Claims Analysis criteria.
The work includes:
- Advice on all contractual matters, including delay issues, stakeholder interfaces etc.
- Management of financial matters including variations and claims
- Contractual role as Contract Administrator
- E3 Advisory has a long association with DTMR, facilitating the timely provision of contractual and technical feedback to the relevant DTMR divisionsThe integrated contract team implemented major additional scope within the existing contractual framework and funding
- Completed on time and under budget
- No claims; all handover documentation completed