Moreton Bay Rail
Client: Department of Transport & Main Roads
Role: Contract & commercial management
The Moreton Bay Rail project is a 12.6km $1.1b new passenger rail line in north east Brisbane. It includes six new and one upgraded station, cycle ways and associated local roads and car parks.
The double-ECI D&C contract was awarded in mid-2013 and is expected to be complete in early 2016.
Scope of work
E3 Advisory have provided commercial and contractual advice through the provision of a Contracts Advisor/Commercial Manager based full-time on site. E3 Advisory professionals have met DTMR Panel requirements in regard to Contract Administration, Dispute resolution and Claims Analysis criteria.
The work includes:
- Advice on all contractual matters, including delay issues, stakeholder interfaces etc.
- Management of financial matters including variations and claims
- Contractual role as Contract Administrator
- E3 Advisory has a long association with DTMR, facilitating the timely provision of contractual and technical feedback to the relevant DTMR divisions
- The project is currently on track for on-time completion and implementation of a gainshare arrangement
- No claims are currently outstanding
- Major additional scope has been implemented within the existing contractual framework